Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Late Blight

It looks as though I have or should I say my tomatoes have "late blight" . Probably from all of the cool weather and rain we have had. I vainly tried to remove what I could and start anew, but the referenced article above does not give me hope. There are still a ton of tomaotes which are usable if they don't have the spots etc.
On a lighter note>..
Carrots are beautiful and should be ready to pick.
I have planted lettuces, rocket, but the neighbors cats find this bed compfy, and so I find them sleeping in it. I may try to start seeds inside in a more controlled climate.
The honey crisp apple tree is doing very poorly. leaves are brown and diseased looking. so sad
the other green able tree (golden something ) is doing much better despite the deer eating at its lower branches.
still need to put the blueberry bush in. thought I would wait for cooler weather.

No comments: